May 4, 2015
Here’s what’s new in 4.27:
- All web links from within the game to pop up in the browser now work (this was broken in 4.26)
- The flashing badges in your bling box is now fixed
- Fix for disappearing badges in your bling box if you have too many badges
- Players can now have TD and Greeter icon simultaneously for those doing both jobs
There also is a new feature called “One Click Launch”. To use this, make sure and get the newest Smart Launcher (1.05) from http://proxy.ecribbage.com/smart_launcher.jar. Then under Settings button in the Smart Launcher, choose the “One Click Launch” check box. This will make the launch button from the launcher put you straight into a lounge with no extra steps.
March 12, 2015
Developed new smart launcher application that you can download and easy attach via email. This smart launcher will automatically check for any new ecribbage versions and download them. It also allows some memory customization for users that have the game slow down on them. Just save this file and then double click on it to launch. You can also just save it to your desktop and use that icon on your desktop to launch from now on, quickly and easily.
If the smart launcher app doesn’t open, right click on it and choose Open With… and go find where you installed Java.exe. It is usually located somewhere like c:\program files (x86)\java\jre8\bin\java.exe. Choose that file and the app will launch.
This new launcher will work for all versions of Java, Java6, 7, 8, and any future versions.
The new launcher has the copy chat function fixed so you can click on chats and copy them.
The new smart launcher is located here: http://proxy.ecribbage.com/smart_launcher.jar
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any problems using the new smart launcher, we will make sure we get you going ASAP.
December 24, 2013
The wall is now back for PROs, and the Honorable Mention trophy will now show by your name in the lounge.
Every player will be a PRO on Christmas Day
October 2, 2013
The main reason eCribbage exists is that my Dad told me to go after my dreams just before he passed away from Cancer.
Every October, we try and chip away at cancer with some donations. 50% of all eCribbage purchases go towards cancer charity for the first 2 weeks of October.
If you want to help make a difference, you can make your purchase here: https://my.ecribbage.com/go_pro
November 21, 2012
Thank you to all our generous players for helping unite against Cancer in October, we raised $1426 for Cancer and here is the certificate from the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center!
November 20, 2012
Here’s what’s new in version 4.05:
- Prize tournaments will now have a gift icon by their names in the Future Tournaments Menu
- Recurring tournaments will now have a red star by their names in the Future Tournaments Menu (a recurring tournament is a tournament that is the same format every week in that time slot)
- Fix to players running in mute mode that they can now accept players into their games
- Tournament Directors can now give Honorable Mention trophy even if players leave tournaments quickly so they don’t have to chase you down anymore
- League Play / Who’s Online has been fixed and improved, now the game icon for the leagues they are in shows by their names
- Last but not Least, 7 game Tournaments have been added! These tournaments are exactly the same as the 9 game format except you will be done quicker
October 25, 2012
Here’s what’s new in Version 4.04:
- new audios for wall messages and bulletins
- Tournament bracket screen now has a refresh button so you don’t have to close and open it every time
- Tournament all matchups screen now has a refresh button
- Tournament broadcasting of matchups in C lounge now works
- Greeters have a new badge for their bling box
- New lounge icons for TD management team and TD trainees
- Added counters for Disco balls, sponsorships, league champions, and special events
- Added Pay it Forward Badge
- Added Honorable Mention Trophy
- Added Refresh Badges button on your badge page
October 18, 2012
A wonderful surprise from Honeydo:
“Dave, aka Tweek and I met online at another site that offered cribbage as well as other games. We became monitors on that site, we wanted to protect the players from rude and offensive players. Someone mentioned lowball cribbage and I went looking for it online. I found ecribbage and downloaded it.
It was more than Dave and I could have imagined, a well run, well developed site just for cribbage. A huge gathering of cribbage players all on one site. The folks at ecrib welcomed us and both of us became avid players.
Dave loved cribbage and embraced ecrib. His favorite thing to do was Buzz a Friend. All those that remember him will remember his use of that button.
Dave passwed away May 12th, 2010. The support I received from our family at ecrib was overwhelming. Damien took the Buzz a Friend button and renamed it Buzz / Tweek a Friend in Dave (aka tweeks) honor.
What better testimony to his memory I have not found. In his memory I have donated 30 Pro Memberships to be won by players starting on the 19th at 9pm and tunning through the 21st. See the wall online for the particulars on the tournaments. Please play to enjoy and very good luck to all!”
October 5, 2012
In honor of Cancer Awareness Month, 50% of any eCribbage purchase until the 14th will go towards cancer charity.
This includes PRO memberships, board games, tshirts, tournament prizes, etc.
You can make your purchase here: https://my.ecribbage.com/go_pro
September 27, 2012
eCribbage will be growing a lot in the next few months with our new ability to run simultaneous tournaments. We will build up to 14 tournaments a day and as a result will be bringing on a lot of new TDs. Because of this, we had to spread responsibility around and we added well defined roles for TD management.
Former Head TD StreetPegger has decided to move on to greener pastures, so we wish him the best of luck and thank him for his wonderful years of service.
Here is the new ecribbage organization:
I am very much looking forward to the new organization and focusing on the things that I love about eCribbage.
I have faith that together we can work towards growing eCribbage and gaining back its reputation of a fun, family friendly place to play.
Please join me in welcoming the new team and let us know if you have any questions.